Our Essay Writing Service Stats
- 37 098completed orders
- 1 146qualified writers
- 198writers online
- 4,81/5from 17652 reviews
- Order Your PaperTell us what you want your paper to be
- Choose the Payment MethodProvide information for your preferred payment system
- Kick back and RelaxLet our writers do the writing in your stead
- Get the Paper You OrderedDownload your perfect 100% plagiarism-free paper
Check what our customers have to say!
Had some minor typos to fix but overall the content was great.
I am a very busy person who values time. ProEssays knows how to do its job really fast!!!
It was my first time using such service and I was really nervous. Support Jamie was very friendly and helped me to fill in my order form. Thank you, guys!!! I will definitely use your service again.
My professor is a real jerk! He likes to change the assignment in the very last moment. I have never thought that a 5-page research can be done in less than 6 hours. Thanks to ProEssays I managed to kick my professor's butt and party all the night. :)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a narrative essay?An essay like this is a first or third-person story. The student needs to tell about a certain phenomenon or personal experience based on emotions, general facts, and received data to reveal any topic. However, the choice of narrative elements is not limited by certain rules.
- What is the difference between a narrative and a story?The two terms have common similarities. However, there are a few fundamental differences. A story is a paper describing imaginary sequences of events or people. The narrative is also a story but emphasizes the series of events and the overall context of the chronological sequence.
- What makes a good narrative?The narrative is a rather tricky piece of academic writing. You need to add defined characters to make your paper look good. And don't forget the descriptive language and past tense, as these are two key elements without which your paper will look unconvincing.
The process of writing a personal narrative essay is rather different from most other academic papers. The thing is that this essay allows you to go much more personal. The emphasis here is on creativity rather than on research or analysis. It is quite unusual for college assignments. This difference in writing here often throws students off as they are not accustomed to such a deeply personal, eased style. However, you may end up with an interesting and touching paper once you understand what is expected from you. Let’s have a closer look at what a narrative essay is, how to write, and where you can find some help if needed.
What Is a Narrative Essay?
Have you ever imagined yourself as a writer? Now, you have a chance to try yourself in this role. A narrative essay is nothing more than your way of telling your readers a story. The goal of such an assignment is to show off your creativity. You need to understand the power of text and the words, along with the techniques that put them together in a compelling, beautiful story.
Such papers can be funny or deeply touching. You can describe a personal experience. You can recall an event you have witnessed or a situation you have been to some time ago. Your main task here is to express what you want to say coherently and effectively. Here are a few tricks you can use to succeed in your assignment.
How to Write It?
Treat a narrative essay as a form of a personal story. You need to tell your readers what has happened and why it is worth their time. This paper will be slightly different from the typical college essay. First of all, here, you may not follow the traditional five paragraphs rule. Of course, you will have an introduction and conclusion. Though, here, the summary of your adventures can be the story itself.
Also, the text doesn’t require a specific structure. You may feel a bit freer when it comes to the narrative. You can start from the end, play with the time, or else. However, you do need to stay organized. Don’t forget about transition sentences. They help connect your thoughts in one coherent text. Thus, your readers will stay engaged.
Use clear language, especially when it comes to descriptions. You want to be specific. Though, don’t go overboard with your adjective use or description of feelings or senses. The fact that you can keep it personal doesn’t mean you have to be overly emotional.
Don’t be shy to use first-person pronouns. Of course, the use of “I” or “We” is frowned upon in most academic works. However, fortunately, this is not the case. You are telling your story, and you should feel comfortable using your pronoun when needed.
Now, the choice of your topic is crucial to your future success. You need to pick something interesting to you that can also interest others. If you just describe your day, not many people will relate to it. However, if you describe how certain events or experiences made you feel or think, you may earn your readers’ attention. Here are a few examples of a narrative essay that you can pick for your topic:
- The first day at school
- Personal achievements or failures
- Your favorite geographic location (town, holiday destination, park)
- Moments you learned something new about yourself
- Witnessing historical events happening (inaugurations, matches, etc)
Of course, you can also come up with a topic of your choice. The key here is to be honest with yourself and your readers. Don’t push it to be something that it wasn’t at the moment of making. You need to describe the events as they were and add your take on them in the process.
Where Can I Find Help?
Whenever you feel like you need some help writing a narrative essay, you can always look for it online. Fortunately, the Internet is full of various offers of this kind. You will definitely find the best narrative essay writing service for your assignment. Also, you shouldn’t worry much about the price. Most custom writing services are very affordable. All you need to do is to find professionals who can put your thoughts in a comprehensive, beautiful text to your liking.
You may have some concerns about picking a writer for this task. As this type of paper is very personal, you need to find someone you can trust with personal stories or memories. You need to establish clear and open communication. However, a professional writer shouldn’t have any problems in copying your writing style or self-expression methods.
Overall, it is better to provide full instructions and requirements with your order before you buy the services. This way, you can be sure that the work will be done fast and well.
Besides, if you want it to be cheap, you better avoid any pain revisions that may come if you want to make drastic changes to the text.