What Is Virtual Reality?
Virtual reality is a 3-D computer environment that interacts directly with a person. A person can use various devices to immerse themselves in the environment (helmets and glasses, etc.). Virtual objects can be controlled and controlled by the user.
Intuiting a person within the non-physical environment was a concept that emerged in the Middle Ages of art. Concave frescoes were then created to allow a person to be involved in the images. Stereoscopes were first created in the 1830s. The principle behind stereoscopes was to create two images of the same scene from different angles in space using different eyepieces.
One eye saw one image, the other another and then the brain combined them to create a three-dimensional picture. Today, smartphones and LCD displays are the only way to create a three-dimensional image. The first flight simulators were created in 1920, with special devices that enable you to simulate all the actions of an aircraft. These simulators were used primarily by the military to improve and train military personnel. The United States established the first virtual reality laboratory in the world, dedicated to research and development.
Virtual reality was not popularized in the first ten years of the 21st Century. However, VR has been gaining popularity in the entertainment sector since 2012. Oculus VR, a startup that created virtual reality glasses, was launched on Kickstarter in 2012. It was later purchased by Facebook. Many IT companies including Google, Apple and Samsung began developing their own gadgets after the growing demand for glasses.
Free Essay Examples on Virtual Reality
- Literary Analysis Essay: How Virtual Reality is Affecting Actual Reality
- Identity in Virtual World
- Essay Sample on Virtual Teams and Robotics
- Augmentation Reality Technologies in Interior Design
- Virtualization of the City of Seabreeze
- Paper Example on Marketing Mix: Google Daydream Virtual Reality
- Report on the Virtual Workplace Incorporation of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Social Learning and the Virtual World Literature Review Paper Example
- Use of Virtualization in the Organization Essay