Global warming refers to an unusually high increase in Earth's surface temperature over the past century. This is primarily due to the release of greenhouse gases from people who burn fossil fuels. Methane, nitrous dioxide, carbon dioxide and water vapor are the greenhouse gases. With each passing year, weather predictions have become more complicated, with seasons becoming less distinct and general temperatures getting hotter.
Since the dawn of the 21st Century, the number of hurricanes and cyclones has increased steadily. Global Warming is the supervillain responsible for all of these changes. Global Warming is the term for the increase in temperature on the Earth.
Global Warming: Causes
The majority of these causes can be attributed to humans and their actions. It's important to note that global warming can also be caused by natural factors. Writing an essay on environmental pollution will typically require you to address both human-caused as well as natural causes. Let's take a look at some of the most important ones to help you get started.
- The biggest factor in faster global warming is the mass burning of fossil fuels. This results in large amounts of CO2 being released into the atmosphere. Transportation, electricity production, as well as industrial activity are the main sources of CO2 emissions.
- Clearing forests and woods is the next major cause of deforestation, natural or man-made. You may be aware that trees play an important role in the restoration of the atmosphere and regulation of the climate. They absorb CO2 and then release oxygen to replace it.
- Farming. This may be surprising to you, but animals are the main cause of global warming. They also emit greenhouse gases. Agriculture and farming are responsible for a large percentage of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Resource extraction. Another reason for climate change? The extraction of natural materials that aren't easily restored for human use.
- Pollution. Last but not least, pollution is a major factor in global warming. This includes both air and water pollution as well as large amounts of plastic waste. We will discuss all types of pollution further.
✅ Identify the global warming factors.
Global warming is caused by both natural and man-made causes. Natural causes include methane gas, volcanic eruptions and greenhouse gasses. Next are deforestation and mining, as well as livestock raising and burning fossil fuels.
✅ How can global warming be stopped?
Global warming can be stopped by the government and the public. Deforestation must be stopped and trees must be planted more often. Recycling and curbing auto usage are important.
✅ How can global warming be lowered?
Using renewable energy sources and adopting sustainable farming, transport, and energy methods.
We hope you found this blog helpful in understanding how to present and write an essay about global warming. Writing essays is a skill that can be useful when taking standardized language tests.