There is a necessity for reviewing the dynamic forces that are contained within obesity in the American population. The more overweight one is, the more imminent threat to his/her health. Based on statistics, the growth in the obese population in the past ten years has been exponential in the US. About 7 out of 10 people in the US are obese, accounting for approximately 64% of the entire US population. Fast food joints are found in nearly all corner allowing people continue to eat fattening greasy food. Not only does obesity lead to numerous health problems but also leading to misfortunes in the country as a whole as hospitals get too overcrowded, the economy continues suffering from a decline in the labor force, and life expectancy has gotten to an all-time low of 24 years old. It is critical for people to live healthy lives and take control of their bodies.
As the President, my government has come up with new plans and interventions to combat obesity. The future of America relies on us to begin making lifestyle changes. My government has put up stringent laws and intervention techniques that cross the lines and focus indirectly or directly by shutting the mouth of overweight individuals with super glue. Call us crazy, but this will put Americans on healthier tracks. We believe that if you are obese and your mouth is stitched, you will starve until you are at a respectable weight. Although it sounds outrageous, this will get peoples attention and start taking the problem seriously by caring about their health and wellbeing. Americans should realize that there are individuals who go hungry every day, primarily in developing countries, yet America cannot stop eating to the point of death. The bottom line, we are eating too much!
Food should further be distributed based on weight. Since what we eat leads to obesity pandemic, controlling the portion of how much we eat may prove to be a major factor. People have to eat fewer calories to maintain a healthy weight. Portion control means individuals who are obese will have portions that do not add up to more food than they need as this will determine a meal calorie content. The less you eat, the less calorie content. A structure of feeding and interference of feeding among overweight and obese individuals may lead to positive eating behavior and attitudes.
Individuals who are overweight and obese will have to run on a treadmill to get food. Hundreds of obese people will run on their treadmill for around fifteen hours a day with only five breaks. Obese individuals are thus, not allowed by law to feed before a strenuous exercise. To confirm this, individuals blood pressure and the heart rate will have to be measured before getting food. Running is an ultimate goal of preventing weight issues and obesity and get America on a healthier track.
The final solution is that people who break the rule will be sent to camps, areas where they will be whipped into shape and given physical labor jobs to enable them never become overweight or obese again. On the other hand, all obese and overweight individuals may be shipped to an abandoned island to fend for themselves so that when the resources run out, the fittest will have to survive by fighting each other for food. Obesity, therefore, has to be avoided in all insidious, devious, and sneaky ways to allow Americans to grow in the manner in which nature intended.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Essay on Public Health: Aim for Monitoring and Evaluation of Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
- Child and Family Assessments by Healthcare Providers
- Paper Example: Public Health Interventions - Chronic Kidney Disease Initiative
- Research Proposal on Cholera Disease
- Literature Review Example on Teens' Awareness of Periodontitis and Oral Health
- Questions on Biology and Health
- Research Paper on the Health Care Issue: Nursing Shortage
- Restraint Use for Reduction and Instructional Methods
- The Effect of Various Doses of SSRI on the Severity of Depression - Research Proposal
- The Role of the Federal Government in Health Care
- Paper Example on Use of Electronic Health Record
- Essay on the Book Deaf Like Me
- Psychotic Disorder Case Study: Psychosis
- The Priory Hospital: Marketing Analysis
- Psychologist Understanding of Relapse then Addiction - Research Paper Example