As a future LPN, describe how you want to contribute to nursing
As a licensed practicing nurse, I will always ensure that the voice of the patients are heard since I will be the one whom they will explain their health problems. Since I will always do assessments, I can advise the doctors and other practitioners on the changes that practice on the patients through administration of drugs to help foster healthcare in the hospitals.
Describe what areas of nursing practice you would like to work in and why?
From my personal assessment, I realize that Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a perfect fit for me. The reason as to why I choose this point is because I love being of help to saving a childs life. I would like to be part of those who help a child from the point where their life is facing a difficulty due to a disease or a condition, towards recovery and later being discharged. I want to help save the lives of children since the children are the people who will bring change in the next generation.
Describe your future employer in your particular nursing specialty area and how you will contribute as a day-to-day caregiver in your healthcare organization.
I would like an employer who gives me a chance to participate in the decision-making process of the medication of the patients I am in charge. The employer who not only provide good working conditions but also avails the necessary equipment and facilities for the patients in the NICU. When offered the necessary equipment and facilities, I will deliver my best services in ensuring that the patients recover within the shortest time possible. I will help build the name of the hospital I work in by provision of good services to the patients and their guardians.
Describe two goals you have for your future in nursing.First and foremost, I want to be a registered nurse so as to deliver the best services to the patients as I engage myself in lifelong learning through active training and participation in research. I want to always learn new thing in the field of nursing and specifically the NICU and implement them in a day-to-day practice. These actions will render the institution work for, have the best world class services.
Secondly, I want to make sure I attain a management role in the hospital I work in. I want to be a supervisor and be able to dispense my skills to the patients by training my juniors on the handling of patients. I will help the management reach the nurses effectively through me.
What obstacles do you need to overcome to be able to attain your goals as a nurse?
The biggest obstacle in my career as a registered nurse working in NICU is balancing my time to the family and the job. In this job, I will need to spend most of the time helping the patients. This job is very demanding and needs a lot of time. On the other hand, my family, especially my two kids, will need my time. They will want to see me as their parent and help them in school work. I will ensure that I balance time for both of them efficiently and that the obstacle does not negatively affect my family and my career. Also, the difficulty in paying school fees for my kids and other bills forms another obstacle. I will work hard and ensure this also, does not affect my career negatively.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Why Are Nurses Leaving? Findings from an Initial Qualitative Study on Nursing Attrition
- Essay Sample on Fieldwork of Master's Students
- Low Birth Weight of Vietnamese Infants: Article Analysis
- Paper Example on Child Development
- Essay Example on Euthanasia and Reasons for It to Stay Illegal
- Essay on Personal Career Strategy and Objectives
- Medication Errors in Intensive Care Units Effects of Barcode Medication Administration
- The Brains Response to Drugs
- Case Study Example: Diabetic Type 1 in a Student
- The Outcomes of Weight Loss-based Diet on HbA1C in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
- The American Health Care and the Importance of Psychology in Child Development
- Paper Example on Political Advocacy in Health Promotion
- Marketing Essay: Strategies to Maintain Market Share for a Pharmaceutical Company
- Cancer Case Study: Role and Behavior of a Patient
- The Band Played on Movie