Provide the information below in 12 font size and Times New Roman font style. Type the responses on this sheet of paper and DO NOT submit a separate sheet.
Your First and Last Name:
Class you are in:
1. What topic did you select and why?
I choose the topic causes of the First World War since it was one most vicious war that has had a great impact on the present world relationship between nations.
2. Put the article or book in Chicago Manual Style as it should be in the Bibliography Section at the end of a paper (see me about this if you cannot figure it out on Purdue Owl Chicago Style or some other source).
Herwig, Holger H. The First World War: Germany and Austria-Hungary 1914-1918. A&C Black, 2014.
3. What type of study is this or what discipline would this study fall under?
This study can be categorized as history since it accounts for incidents that took place in the past.
4. What is the thesis or main argument of this study (the main argument is usually in the preface or introduction of a book, and in the beginning of an article)?
The author tries to highlight how Germany and Austria-Hungary initiated the First World War, how different countries participated in the war, and how the war ended.
5. Do you think the author supports the thesis well? Explain and support your answer with some evidence from your book or article.
The author adequately supports the thesis since he gives a detailed account of some of the incidence that took place during the war. For example, he notes that before the initiation of the war there was tension Germany and British were, for instance, fighting over Portuguese colonies.
6. What is the purpose of the study (look for what the author says and not your opinion)?
The author focuses on showing the impact that Germany and Austria-Hungary had on the initiation of the First World War, the role of the other nations that participated in the war, and how the war ended.
7. What is the significance or importance of this study (look for what the author says and not your opinion)?
The study aims at showing how different countries participated in the First World War and how the war ended.
8. How many sources does the author use to complete this study? Count the number of sources in the Bibliography or References Section at the end of the article or book.
The author has used nineteen sources.
9. Look up what a Primary Source is, then tell me how many sources you would categorize as a Primary Source?
Seven of the sources were primary sources.
10. Look up what a Secondary Source is, then tell me how many sources you would categorize as a Secondary Source?
Twelve of the sources were secondary sources.
11. Do you think there are any strengths to this study? Explain why or why not.
The author has presented a well analyzed study backed with various facts that relate to the incidents of the war.
12. Do you think there are any weaknesses to this study? Explain why or why not.
The main weakness of the study is the fact that the author has mainly focused on factors and incidents of the First World War that related to Germany and Austria-Hungary.
13. In one to four sentences summarize this study. DO NOT EXCEED FOUR SENTENCES!
The study is very informative.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Trump's Acceptance Speech Analysis
- Organizational Change
- Essay on Cyber Risk Management
- Double Jeopardy Laws Australia and Balancing the Rights of Victims, Offenders, and Society
- The Constant Gardener - Movie Analysis Example
- Research Design Questions and Hypothesis
- Challenges Facing Dubai - Research Paper Example
- How Chaucer's General Prologue Introduces the Canterbury Tales. Essay Example.
- Articles Review on Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Marketing Research Proposal: Computer-Based Marketing Techniques in the Construction Industry
- Why the Provision of Both 1820 and 1850 Didn't Stop the Civil War
- Response to the Article: Millions in Gig Economy Can't Find Better Jobs or Pay