Gender inequality in education exists almost in all corners of the world (Baily and Holmarsdottir 2015, p. 840). Some cultures do not advocate school for girls as boys are given priority in career and job empowerment (Assari 2018, p. 380). Various studies have argued that gender disparities in education affect the quality of training that the students acquire in a school setting (Stoet and Geary 2018, p. 590). The issue affects how female and male learners, as well as teachers, perceive education. For example, girls are less motivated to work hard in school since they feel as if they are not accepted in the surrounding environment due to low-self-esteem. Lack of motivation leads to lower performance among girls leading to small representatives of females in all aspects of life like politics, economics, or even religious leadership. For example, the statistics from United Nations showed that gender disparity, especially in the primary institution, is becoming worse due to issues of early marriages and lack of moral support to children, especially girls (Psaki, McCarthy, and Mensch 2017, p. 120). Inequality in education also affects the teacher's quality as there are few females in the teaching areas than males. The reduced number of women teachers in school discourages girls from performing because they feel they cannot hold essential positions in society. However, reducing educational disparities can boost the equality of education in both males and females learners due to the increase in competition for reading materials and attaining good grades. Hence this study proposal will explore how gender disparities affect the educational acquisition in both female and male learners.
The Aims of the Research Proposal
Based on the study topic, the purposes of the research proposal include:
- To find out the influence of gender disparities on the performance of female and male learners
- To determine how gender disparities affect the teaching process in the school setting
- To identify the strategies that the school should emulate to ensure education equality in all genders
Research Question or Hypothesis
- From the study topic, the research proposal will derive the following items;
- What is the influence of gender disparities on the performance of female and male learners?
- How does gender disparities affect the teaching process in the school setting?
- What are the strategies that the school should emulate to ensure education equality in all genders?
Therefore the study proposal will try to answer the following objectives; what is the influence of gender disparities on the performance of female and male learners? How does gender disparities affect the teaching process in a school setting? And what are the strategies that the school should emulate to ensure education equality in all genders?
Gender disparities affect the performance of both girls and boys in the school setting. For instance, girls may not work hard because due to low self-esteem associated with a lack of women representations in prominent job positions. Also, boys may report the issues of academic deterioration because they lack health competition for good grades and reading materials from girls. Also, the teachers may not deliver quality education as they lack motivation from the learners. Therefore gender disparities affect the overall education quality and acquisition among boys and girls. However, the school should emulate appropriate strategies that will eradicate the issues of gender disparities in education delivery and learning process among female and male learners.
Assari, S., 2018. Life expectancy gain due to employment status depends on race, gender, education, and their intersections. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities, 5(2), pp.375-386. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40615-017-0381-x
Baily, S. and Holmarsdottir, H.B., 2015. The quality of equity? Reframing gender, development and education in the post-2020 landscape. Gender and Education, 27(7), pp.828-845. https://doi.org/10.1080/09540253.2015.1103842
Psaki, S.R., McCarthy, K.J. and Mensch, B.S., 2017. Measuring gender equality in education: Lessons from trends in 43 countries. PoPulation and develoPment review, 44(1), pp.117-142. Retrieved from http://www.ungei.org/Psaki_et_al-2017-Population_and_Development_Review.pdf
Stoet, G. and Geary, D.C., 2018. The gender-equality paradox in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education. Psychological science, 29(4), pp.581-593. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797617741719
Cite this page
Essay on Gender Inequality in Education: Impact on Learners & Teachers. (2023, Mar 02). Retrieved from https://proessays.net/essays/essay-on-gender-inequality-in-education-impact-on-learners-teachers
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- English Pronunciation Challenges Among Second Language Learners
- Paper Example on Protection and Safeguarding of Venerable Adults Based in Ireland and on Irish Legislation
- All Hazards vs Terrorism Paper Example
- Critical Thinking on Deaths Have Been Caused by Walking Paper Example
- Essay Example on Internet Addiction on Campus: A Growing Concern
- Essay on Different Cultural Constructions of Childhood
- Essay Sample on Body Image & Photo Manipulation: Understanding Society's Standards