Any student, regardless of the type of educational institution, has to write a research paper. This is a rather long and painstaking process that will require you to pay maximum attention to details, such as good hook, select trusted sources, and adhere to all requirements strictly. Plus, you have to choose interesting topics for research paper tasks. Then you will have a chance to ease your task a little and get started with a lot of enthusiasm.
What Is a Research Paper?
First, let's understand the terminology. This will give you a better understanding of the assignment before you start looking for good research paper topics for English and international students. This type of paper implies a detailed study of the chosen subject. Your ultimate goal will be to collect data and conduct something like an investigation with your detailed conclusions.
How to Find Research Topics to Write About
Most likely, you know that not every question can be easily answered. This concerns the analysis and interpretation of data, research, and further reporting. But how do you find good topics for research paper tasks? It may sound confusing, but your professor or advisor can provide you with a list to help you find something interesting to write about. If this option is not for you, then here are some more good tips.
The Field of Your Interest
There are different research paper topics, and some of them are sure to please students. Think about what interests you first. Let's say you are interested in history. Then you can describe the period of the Napoleonic Wars or dig deeper and talk about the Roman Empire. Suppose you are interested in relatively recent events. In that case, you can touch on the war in Iraq or examine the procedure for American presidents' election over the past 10 years, you can act the same choosing topic for biology, anthropology or geology research. As you can see, the main criterion is your personal interest.
A Topic Should Be Clear
Now you have decided on your area of interest. It's time to talk about other aspects. What are good research paper topics? This is a pretty tricky question. The most interesting point is that your topic should be clear. Then you won't have many objects to explore. This will allow you to concentrate on something specific and not spend too much time on the investigation.
Most likely, you decided to start with something that has already been described before. For example, you might find research topics 2020 in a list format or ready-made samples. But the main aspect is that you should be innovative. Try to pay attention to the most interesting aspects and select an area of study that is not yet so popular. Then your assignment will have a bigger value.
The Best Research Paper Topics 2021
Now let's switch to specific examples. This will help you see what interesting aspects you might have missed and if your subject is really interesting to you. All of these topics are just a small part of what you can write about. However, it will be enough to boost your imagination and thought process. So let's get started.
Research Project Topics on Art
Art has always inspired and motivated humanity. It will not be difficult for students to select a target for their research. The most important thing is to choose an easy subject or object for your paper. Then it will be much easier for you with your research paper topics. So here are some interesting options for you:
- Is there a relationship between architectural structures and the ideology of the nation?
- Can photography be a mirror of your soul?
- The conscious art and its relationship with modern urbanism.
- How have horror movies influenced movie theater culture?
- The surrealism and its influence on American cinematography.
- Can jewelry be called mini sculptures?
- The history of the development of modernism in the late 50s.
- How big is the influence of expressionism on digital artists?
- What mark did Andy Warhol leave in art, and how much did it affect society?
- The influence of the first animated films on the development of CGI art.
This is exactly the subject that allows you to write about almost any event, without a time limit. For example, you can choose history topics for research papers in English to talk about the Aztec or Inca civilization. It all depends on what time frame you are most interested in. Here are some interesting options for you:
- The most powerful dynasties of the Ancient Chinese Empire.
- What impact did the Ottoman Empire have on the slave trade in Asia?
- The history of the development of Greek settlements around the world.
- How did the discovery of electricity affect the modern world?
- What influence did Christianity have on the formation of medieval states?
- What are the prerequisites and causes of the First World War?
- The main prerequisites for the emergence of the economic crisis in America in the 20s.
- The causes of apartheid in South Africa and its consequences.
- The most unusual medieval laws in Western Europe.
- Medieval Wars as an element of historical change.
Now let's move on to psychology topics for research papers. This is a very interesting science that includes the study of human behavior and various patterns and cycles. It is best to choose some kind of psychological deviation or analyze certain scientific achievements of scientists. Here are some interesting options for you:
- How do biological markers influence the study of psychological deviations?
- The influence of the comfort zone on a person's personality: pros and cons.
- The influence of short-term memory on the effectiveness of school education.
- How do optical illusions work, and can they be used to treat psychological deviations?
- What is an obsession with an idea, and how can you deal with it?
- Does age affect a person's learning efficiency?
- The facial symmetry as an element of creating a psychological portrait.
- The relationship between hunger and watching movies in the cinema.
- Social networks and their impact on the psychology of thinking in adolescents.
- Controlling emotions with music: effectiveness in today's world.
Now let's look at education as a source of endless topics. This is partly because you are practically unlimited in time frames or research. For example, students can choose easy research paper topics for English classes to talk about the US education system's development and its impact on Americans. Or you can start with ancient Rome and even the beginnings of writing. Here's what will interest you:
- How do modern technologies affect the speed of knowledge acquisition?
- The educational crisis in the United States and methods of overcoming it.
- What type of education is best for today's teens?
- The impact of standardized testing on the pace of learning of children.
- The main impact of inclusive classes on educational attainment in the United States and other countries.
- How important are IQ tests for today's students?
- Various educational systems and their effectiveness.
- How effective is homeschooling in a pandemic?
- Are testimonials an effective way to assess a student's knowledge?
- How effective are innovative student learning models?
Cultural Research Topics
Culture is something that any person constantly encounters. But what are good topics for a research paper? You should choose exactly what is most relevant or interesting to you. Explore the racial differences or the peculiarities of the formation of the indigenous people of America's culture. It all depends only on how long you are willing to look for information. Here are interesting topics for you:
- The impact of the Harlem population on African American culture.
- How effective are the postulates of feminism in modern society?
- How immigrants influence the culture of the United States and how this can be traced in modern examples.
- The main difference between Asian and European culture?
- What cultural factors became fundamental in the formation of the US Constitution?
- The impact of marketing campaigns and advertising on cultural identity.
- The influence of children's games on the cultural and social perception of the individual.
- Does the media influence the formation of social models in the modern world?
- Is there a segmentation of people in modern society?
- The main factors and prerequisites for racial discrimination.
Argumentative Essay Topics
It is worth noting that it is easy to find such easy research paper topics. There are many arguments that you can take into account before writing a specific assignment. Here is a list of topics that might be interesting to you:
- Is democracy the best form of government in modern society?
- Should the United States play the role of a peacekeeper and send troops to other countries?
- Is the public health care system effective?
- The influence of political agitation on the opinion of TV viewers.
- The Influence of Women on Political Change in the United States.
- The main causes and preconditions of violence in modern society.
- Are there moral prerequisites for abortion prohibition?
- Are there real benefits to legalizing marijuana?
- Can people of different races and nationalities understand each other?
- Is it realistic to eradicate gender stereotypes in the United States and other countries?
Science Research Paper Topics
Since humanity has made significant progress in this area over the past 50 years, such techonology topics for research papers are very popular. You can study the stages of preparation for landing on the Moon, the history of the discovery of electricity, or the process of creating nuclear reactors. Here are just a few topics that might interest you:
- How real is the colonization of Mars in the next 50 years?
- The innovative methods of fighting cancer and its prospects.
- Recycle waste: how to maximize energy production?
- The main disadvantages of modern nuclear reactors and modernization methods.
- Can genetic modifications positively affect human immunity?
- How reasonable is human cloning at the present stage of scientific progress?
- The effect of drugs on the central nervous system.
- The use of echolocation to identify objects at a distance.
- The evolution of pain relievers and the role of scientific progress in the treatment of patients.
- Is the world ready for a nuclear war, and what are the possible consequences?
Modern scientific progress does not stand still, and many dangerous diseases decades ago are no longer worse than a seasonal cold. That is why there are quite a few easy topics to do a research paper on health issues. You can talk about vaccines' history, the prospects for healthcare, or the advancements in pharmaceuticals. Here is a list of topics that might interest you:
- Does race or ethnicity affect immunity and resistance to a particular type of disease?
- The modern system of medical care in the United States.
- The main methods of combating obesity and metabolic disorders.
- Is there a cure for HIV, and what are the prevention methods?
- Mechanical prosthetics as a new stage in the recovery of people after injuries.
- The modern methods of improving immunity with the help of medicine.
- The prospects for the cultivation of human organs in laboratories.
- How does a sedentary lifestyle affect human health?
- The main advantages of commercial clinics in America.
- All positive and negative aspects of the new health care reform in the United States.
Business Research Topics
Business is an unusually wide area of activity, so you will never have any problems with choosing a relevant topic. For example, you can describe the stages of overcoming the Great Depression in the United States or a Chinese economic miracle. Another interesting option is cryptocurrencies and their impact on companies and business transactions. Here are the possible research paper topics that you might find useful:
- How relevant is an eight-hour day in a pandemic?
- What is corporate responsibility in modern business alliances?
- Can the office influence the efficiency of each employee?
- The effectiveness of remote work in a pandemic.
- The influence of leadership qualities on business negotiations and contracting.
- Which marketing strategies are outdated in 2021?
- The main differences between theoretical and strategic business planning.
- All social networks and their impact on the format of marketing campaigns.
- The future of e-commerce and the prospect of sales growth.
- The influence of corporations on the suppression of small businesses.
Literature Research Paper Topics
Literature is a very interesting area to choose a topic. The main reason is the ability to choose any novel, poem, or even a fictional character. Most interesting topics for research papers can be found in literally 10-20 minutes if you remember your favorite author. Here are some options for you:
- The analysis of racism and the extent of its manifestation based on the literature of the 1920s.
- The stages of the evolution of Chinese literature.
- What is a scientific dystopia, and how relevant is it for modern society?
- Contemporary poetry on the example of American authors.
- The best American novels over the last 50 years.
- The romanticization of pirates in the novels of American writers.
- The famous African writers and their personal style.
- The influence of the grotesque in Gothic literature.
- How relevant is the issue of copyright in modern society?
- The best short stories in the history of humanity.
Political Research Topics
Such unique research paper topics may be of particular interest to those who understand politics, the party system, and various influential personalities. This niche is very extensive so that you can focus on both the whole country and an individual politician. Here is a list of topics that will interest you:
- The current structure of power in the United States: the main advantages and disadvantages.
- How effective is the two-party system in the modern world?
- Why is the presidency not significant in some countries?
- Globalism and its main disadvantages as a political philosophy.
- An impeachment as an effective way to avoid political stagnation.
- The main reasons for the ineffectiveness of communism in the modern world.
- The main problems of aggressive democracy in modern society.
- Is it advisable to criticize capitalism, and is there an alternative to this economic system?
- Can the policy of intervention contribute to the growth of the national economy of the aggressor country?
- Are there real methods to eliminate corruption?
Sociology Research Topics
Almost all research paper topics for English and US sociology are very interesting. You can focus on a specific problem, study demographics or statistics of the unemployed. Any niche you want to check out has an interesting topic for you. Here are just a few good options for you:
- The influence of the population's annual income level on political preferences.
- The reasons for the increase in divorce rates in modern society.
- The relationship between the place of birth and the deviant behavior of the individual.
- The sociological patterns on the example of the cyclical nature of political preferences.
- The analysis of the dynamics of fertility during the Great Depression.
- The main factors of inequality of people in society.
- The influence of social networks on the formation of racial stereotypes.
- What are the main reasons for the emergence of hobos in the US?
- The impact of social isolation on communication skills.
- Freedom of speech in America and its interpretation by various categories of the population.
Nursing Research Paper Topics
All topics related to nursing and medicine, in general, are about patient care. They relate to the rehabilitation methods or the analysis of new approaches to treatment and prevention. If you want to write a good paper, you will have to adhere to clear citation rules, provide links to credible research, and mention other people's research if you want to confirm or disprove a certain claim. Here are the topics you can pick:
- Patient treatment technique and intensive care.
- Is there a difference between the qualities of nursing services provided to people of different social classes?
- The potential nursing problems await newcomers in their first job.
- The social incentive ethics for improving nursing services.
- The specifics of helping people who have post-traumatic stress disorder.
- The new injection technique and non-invasive nursing care.
- Do you need regular professional development for modern nurses?
- A technique for preventing pressure ulcers in paralyzed patients.
- How to eliminate possible patient violence towards nurses?
- Are there effective strategies to prevent childhood obesity?
Fun Research Paper Topics
Regardless of the subject, you can choose a fun topic that allows you to combine research with humor. Sometimes the topic may not be funny, but simple enough for perception or further analysis of the data. Here are some options to help you understand the specifics:
- Is there a difference between a male and a female brain?
- Is there a UFO, and is it possible to get in touch with aliens?
- Is interstellar travel possible in this century?
- Does the death of a game character affect the psyche of gamers?
- Are there mystical powers, and is it possible to talk with the dead?
- The influence of comic book characters on society and modern culture.
- Is it possible to scientifically substantiate divination by tarot cards?
- Why is occultism still popular in the modern world?
- Why do cats always land on their feet?
- What is a Philosopher's Stone, and how to create it?
Is It Hard to Decide on The Best Topics for a Research Paper?
On the one hand, this process is quite simple because you just need to select a specific item and choose one of the options that your advisor offers. But on the other hand, there are a number of limitations that you can face. Let's say your future topic is too extensive, and you will need a lot of time to collect and analyze all the data. Or you can choose a very niche subject to research. Then it will be even more difficult for you to find reliable sources.
This is why you should choose your topics for term paper tasks carefully. But even if you are unlucky and are not sure that you can cope with your task, you can always ask for help. Our company is ready to write any paper and follow all the requirements. We have a team of qualified experts with Masters' and Ph.D. degrees. Just write to us, and we will solve your paper problems. Any student can count on affordable prices and strict adherence to deadlines. We will help you with all the research paper topic questions and provide you with additional services.