If you are a college student, you have surely faced different tasks. Some of them are more complicated, others less, but the only thing that unites them is the necessity to follow the requirements. Considering specific types, genres, and academic writing methods, it is inevitable to pay due attention to the Toulmin model essay as an innovative way to analyze the information and express your ideas on the topic.
Basically, the Toulmin format is quite simple, as it is concentrated on building strong arguments that correspond to logical patterns. Consequently, students get an opportunity to emphasize their ideas in the most professional and impressive way. This technique is the most commonly used for argumentative essays, but it can sometimes be applied to comparison papers and other similar assignments.
If you look through several Toulmin argument essay examples, you will be excited to notice a tendency: the texts are based on the evidence and counter-arguments. Additionally, it is necessary to mention that every paper should include six basic components that have been originally specified by the philosopher Stephen Toulmin.
Toulmin Essay Outline: Parts to Be Included
Primarily to the beginning of the writing process, you should analyze the topic. If you have ever come across the Toulmin model example essay, you could have noticed that it starts with the outline. As a student, you know that an excellent plan is halfway to success. Therefore, start with the extended outline, which can sometimes be a part of your writing assignment.
There are different approaches to this part of the process, so you can choose the most suitable and preferable one. No matter if you choose the graphical or word format, it should be short, logical, and concise. Additionally, when following the Toulmin outline examples, you should mention three parts of the paper:
- Introduction. Irrespective of the writing approach you choose, a quality introduction may help you succeed with the task. It is indispensable to take into account the Toulmin model template, starting your outline with the claim. Besides, a catchy hook and a concise Toulmin thesis are necessary.
- Body. Working on the outline, you should not write extended sentences. Instead, mention the key ideas you will use to present desired facts. In these paragraphs, pay due attention to the Toulmin argument structure, which is the basis for the body part. Here, you need to forget about the traditional academic paper format and immerse yourself in the new scheme, which resembles research analysis.
- Conclusion. This is the last Toulmin paragraph that should be properly written. Keep in mind that the quality of your essay will depend on your ability to interpret the data you have mentioned in the body. Do not introduce any new information, but rather give hints about the areas for future research.
How to Write a Toulmin Essay Outline
Browsing the Internet, you will come across the most different types and forms of academic papers. At the same time, the Toulmin model example paper may become the most impressive and unusual one, as it presents an extraordinary approach to essay writing.
If you have occasionally got a task to craft an essay that shows the Toulmin method, this article is exactly what you need. Follow the guidelines and make sure you skip none of the points:
- Claim. Before you start working on this point, you need to estimate the variety of Toulmin essay topics and opt for the one that appeals to you. Now you are ready to make a claim. It is also known as a thesis, which emphasizes the idea or concept you will discuss further in the paper. It should be short, logical, and concise, referring to the vital information and specific presumptions.
Here is one of the most effective claims we have found in one Toulmin essay example: "Medical resources in the United States should be accessible for free."
- Data. Once you have made a statement, you need to provide the audience with the relevant data that proves your point of view. For example, "According to the statistical information, in the previous year, the citizens received % of free medical resources." Search the web and find the Toulmin argument sample that corresponds to your topic, as it will help you present solid arguments and convincing facts.
- Warrants. As specified in the Toulmin method example essay, these are the connections between the thesis and the other information mentioned in the body. Check out an impressive example of the warrant, "The more people get free access to medical resources, the healthier the nation will be."
- Qualifiers. This is the crucial point that is frequently known as an alternative point. Qualifiers are the statements that limit the validity of your thesis statement. For instance, "Apart from the access to medical resources, eating habits, physical activity, and some other factors may influence people's health and well-being."
- Rebuttal. It has been mentioned in a Toulmin model examples essay that this point is aimed at denying the thesis statement you have previously made, e.g., "The access to medical resources is not the only way to influence the health state."
- Backing. This is the final and the most significant part of the paper, the purpose of which is to answer the rebuttal. "Although access to medical resources is not the only factor that may impact human health, it is undeniably the crucial one."
Extra Tips and Recommendations for Creating an Excellent Paper
An impeccable outline and detailed analysis are the basic items you need for the success of your paper. Check out a flawless Toulmin analysis example essay to learn innovative techniques and helpful methods that will draw you closer to the desired result.
- Think logically, critically, and creatively.
- Mind the structure of the paper.
- Use relevant facts and up-to-date information only.
- Ask for professional help in writing essay outline if a single Toulmin argument example does not help.