According to (Tikson, 2018), Starbucks is an American company dealing with the sale of coffee. The company uses the top quality Arabica coffee in making espresso drinks. Among the personnel it requires is a lead barista. A lead barista is a person with a demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and has an established knowledge of coffee products and tea products. The main responsibility of a lead barista is ensuring they serve all the coffee products according to the specification of the client. They are also influential in building client relationships and promoting an optimistic and friendly environment at Starbucks Company. They also assist the company in training new team members. (Tikson, 2018). He or she is required to fulfill any other duties that the inventory manager and assistant manager assigns.
According to (du, 2018), at Starbucks Company lead Barista's are very important in ensuring the coffee business runs effectively as they contribute on the product, service and the environment.
- Teaches our clients on the best quality of the products offered by the company.
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee as per the clients' orders, as per the rules of Starbucks.
- Maintains the best quality and stability of the product standards.
- Follows strictly all the required company drink recipes and processes.
- He or she also sells baked goods and various food items to the clients.
- Maintains well-organized, friendly service standards and extends such standards when training new team members
- Responds to all complaints from the clients to the manager on duty.
- He or she receives verbally the orders from the customer in a courteous and friendly manner
- Ensures replenishment of stocks in the shelves to avoid the company running out of stocks (du, 2018).
- He or she ensures the working environment is clean including the windows and grinders
- Helps in the distribution of weekly shipments to ensure there is fast flow of inventory
- Reports to the manager any accidents to the manager on duty
- Provides quality services that are environmental friendly to ensure the services provided are effective.
- There following are the requirements and physical demands that the company requires for a lead barista.
- He or she run errands when required.
- Must maintain a constructive company morale
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed
- Must possess an excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an experience of handling food and hot beverages
- Minimum academic requirements are a high school diploma
- Must have a minimum of three months experience with the coffee bean and tea leaf
- Must have successfully done and completed bean, tea classes and master espresso.
du Plessis, E. M. (2018). Serving Coffee with Zizek: On Decaf, Half-caf and Real Resistance at Starbucks. Ephemera: Theory and Politics in Organization, 18(3), 551-576.
Tikson, S. D. S. (2018). Human Resource Policies and Work Culture: A Case of Starbucks. Jurnal Bisnis, Manajemen, dan Informatika, 15(1), 1-12.
Cite this page
Lead Barista to Starbucks Job Description Paper Example. (2022, Nov 20). Retrieved from https://proessays.net/essays/lead-barista-to-starbucks-job-description-paper-example
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Public Employment Agencies Essay
- Truthfulness in Law Enforcement Essay
- Outsourcing Human Resources - Essay Sample
- Essay Example on Walgreens: Overcoming Discrimination for a Better Workplace
- Paper Example on Safety Procedures for Lockout/Tag-out (LOTO): Protecting Workers from Injury
- Essay Example on Amazon Focuses on Data Analytics to Improve Customer Relationships
- Free Report Sample on Obesity in the Workplace: Potential Adverse Effects and How to Manage