Title: Why Bullied Kids Commit Suicide
Thesis: The effects of bullying serve as the major reasons as to why children commit suicide based on the devastating effects that bullying has in inflicting physical and psychological pain.
- The influences of bullying are the major reasons as to why children commit suicide- Youth suicide is a major public health issue- Participation in bullying is linked with the growing risks for suicide among young people
Literary Review: Bullying and Suicide in Children and Adolescents
Associations among bullying, cyber bullying, and suicide in high school students
The article examines the relationships among suicidal behaviors, depression, and bullying as well as victimization among high school students. It demonstrates that depression mediates the link between victimization and bullying and suicidal behavior, although differently in the case of females and males (Bauman & Toomey, 2013).
Cyber and physical bullying and risk for suicide in adolescent: The role of violent behavior and substance use
The article discloses that the influence that all kinds of bullying have toward mental health and adolescents safety is an area of key concern, particularly as new bullying methods emerge, which victimize the youth via technology. It lays significant emphasis on the relationship that exists between physical and cyber bullying and the influence they have toward suicidal behavior that adolescents portray. The key risk behaviors identified comprise of substance use, violent behavior, and unsafe sexual practices (Brausch & Litwiller, 2013).
Cyber bullying, school bullying, and psychological distress: A regional census of high school students
The article documents cyber bullying as well as school bullying prevalence in terms of prevalence and the associations they have with psychological stress. It stipulates that there is a need for embarking on prevention efforts, which would assist in addressing the two kinds of bullying to boost performance in school as well as mental wellbeing of the victims and the perpetrators (Schneider, Coulter, O'Donnell, & Stueve, 2012).
What Are the Different Forms of Bullying?
- Physical assault- Verbal threats or insults- Relational rumor spreading or exclusion- Cyber bullying including aggressive social network posts and texts- Bullying and Suicidal Behavior- Bullying victimization represents environmental causes of;- Perceived burdensomeness,- Thwarted belongingness,- Suicidal desire- Risk Behaviors- Illicit drug and alcohol use frequently relate to bullying and suicidal behavior- Victimization through bullying predicts adolescents drug or alcohol use- Substance use increases risk of adolescents to perform suicide- Substance use contributes to psychological anxiety and physical pain habituation linked with self-harm- Violence or physical aggressive behavior amount relates to bullying victimization and suicidal behavior positively- Adolescents experiencing physical violence act in violently- Victim-bully adolescents suffer most risks- Participation in violent behavior increases chances of adolescents performing suicidal behavior- Unsafe sexual activities contribute to provocative and painful behaviors
- Various bullying victimization events trigger suicidal behavior- Several externalizing behaviors develop during adolescence- Violent behavior and substance use mediate influences between physical and cyber bullying on suicidal behavior- Modifiable behaviors should be accorded attention to avoid adolescent suicide- Professionals need to encourage healthy behaviors of coping and support
Bauman, S., & Toomey, R. (2013). Associations among bullying, cyberbullying, and suicide in high school students. Journal of Adolescence, 36(1), 341-350.
Brausch, A. M., & Litwiller, B. J. (2013). Cyberbullying and physical bullying in adolescent suicide: The role of violent behavior and substance use. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 42(1), 675-684.
Schneider, S.K., Coulter, R. W., O'Donnell, L., & Stueve, A. (2012). Cyberbullying, school bullying, and psychological distress: A regional census of high school students. American Journal of Public Health, 102(1), 171-176.
Cite this page
Cause and Effect of Bullying Essay Outline. (2021, Mar 24). Retrieved from https://proessays.net/essays/essay-example-on-bullying-its-forms-and-impacts
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Psychological Case Study of the McAlister Family
- Reign Over Me: Watching Movie Based on Trauma Essay
- Push Back Against the Islamic State in the Middle East in 2017 Essay
- Case Study: Child Abuse
- Research Paper on Substance Abuse Disorder
- Essay Sample on Nature of Race
- White Identity and White Privilege Essay