The compensation of CEO is the figurative issue with no penalty for most of the people. However, the increase in the compensation of executives has led to increased growth of inequity among the United States. The gap between the top earner and the employees is very wide and yet everyone should enjoy the fruit of the company performance. Other individuals have argued that the compensation of CEO should be allowed due to jobs that they perform. Companies should look for other ways of determining compensation but not the current formula that involves competition in paying their top executives. The companies should analyze their internal financial power to check if they are able to compete with other companies in terms of compensation. Lastly, every employee within an organization is entitled to a good compensation and not the top management alone. The ratio of 350-to-1 needs to be relooked again in details. (Frydman & Jenter, 2010).
Frydman, C., & Jenter, D. (2010). CEO compensation (No. w16585). National Bureau of Economic
Mantel, B. (2015). executive-pay. SAGE Business Researcher.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2374556815598978Mishel, L. & Davis, A. (2015). Top CEOs Make 300 Times More than Typical Workers. Pay
Growth Surpasses Stock Gains And Wage Growth Of Top 0.1 Percent. Retrieved from
West, M. (2016). How Should You Set executive Pay, pp. 5th Jan 2016. Retrieved from
Cite this page
The Compensation of CEOs. (2021, Mar 22). Retrieved from https://proessays.net/essays/the-compensation-of-ceos
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Introduction to Scenario Planning - Term Paper Example
- The Lean Six Sigma: NTUC Fair Price Case Study
- Essay Sample on Code of Conduct
- Ocasio-Cortez - Essay Sample
- Essay Sample on Neptune Seafood Company: Cutting Prices or Cutting Losses?
- Research Proposal: Strategic Management of Public Organizations in China
- Paper Sample on Maximizing Shareholders Wealth: The Benefits of a Good Capital Structure and Financing Strategy