1. Rationality: The state of basing ones beliefs and actions on facts and reason.
2. Traditional society: This is a society that is oriented on the past and not the future with a strong sense of habit and culture.
3. Rationalization of Society: The process of replacing traditional methods, values and customs with more modern calculated ones.
4. Formal organization: The state of establishing rules and principles that works to govern the operations of a system.
5. McDonaldization of society: The process of applying the principles of fast food restaurants in various aspects of a society.
6. Goal displacement: The process of substituting an initial goal set with another goal.
7. Voluntary association: This is a group of people with a common goal working together for a purpose.
8. Iron law of oligarchy: This law is based on the tendencies of organizations to adopt oligarchy at the expense of losing democracy.
9. Humanizing the work setting: This is the process of organizing the work place in a manner that develops rather than inhibit the potential of humans.
10. Corporate culture: The beliefs, customs and principles that affect the companys employees/management interaction.
11. Social control: This is the study of the mechanisms used to maintain social order and cohesion in a society.
12. Negative sanction: The punishments imposed on people to make them conform to the set rules.
13. Positive sanction: The pleasant things done or offered to people to entice them to conform to the set rules.
14. Genetic predisposition: The genetic make-up of individuals which influences them to develop certain phenotypes within a population.
15. Personality disorders: A group of mental disorders that alters the character of affected individuals giving them a great difficulty dealing with people.
16. Differential association: The process of learning values, techniques and attitudes for criminal behaviors through interaction with others.
17. Control theory: The idea that inner and outer controls work as guidelines preventing us from any form of deviation.
18. Degradation ceremony: A rite of passage of initiating people into institutions like prisons, military and mental hospitals.
19. Labeling theory: The process by which the character of an individual can be determined by the terms used to refer to them.
20. Techniques of neutralization: The methods that lead one into committing temporary illegitimate acts hence they compromise certain values they possess such as morality.
21. Recidivism rate: The frequency of people repeating a forbidden act even after experiencing negative consequences as a result of the same.
22. Social stratification: The categorizing of people in a society based on their socio-economic statuses.
23. Bonded labor (indentured service): The provision of services to a person you owe as a means of settling your debt.
24. Caste system: The system of grouping people according to their social ranks.
25. Estate stratification system: The system where estates were legally defined with each having rights and duties, privileges and obligations.
26. Class system: A system where people are categorized in groups according to their social classes.
27. Social Mobility: The change in social status of individuals or families within a given society.
28. Meritocracy: This is the form of leadership that is selected on the basis of intellectual capacity.
29. World System theory: The suggestion that in the world economic system some countries gain while others lose.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- T Test Application in Employee Satisfaction
- SMART Cars Market Analysis
- Personality and Genetics
- Type I Diabetes Research
- Conditions for the Existence of CISG
- As English is now becoming the language of education, politics, commerce so on and so forth; Saudi Arabia is in investing in this sector considerably. Saudi Arabia is one of those countries which use English in its educational system as a main mean it starts from elementary school till the highest level a learner might achieve. Vital Saudi professions such as medicine and aviation consider English as the major, if not the only language of communication (Abalhassan, 2002).
- The Marketing Mix of Turkey
- Does the Crime Fit the Punishment?
- The Global Warming: Easy Ways to Prove
- Education Is My Life
- Jan van Eyck's The Madonna of Chancellor Rolin History
- Educational Support Services to Assist Parents and Families