In what ways could the Ritz-Carlton monitor its success in achieving quality?
Taking surveys could be the best way to monitor success. The data from the surveys could be used to determine the customers experience and therefore make the necessary improvements.
By monitoring the trends regarding customers served at the hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company management can easily see the hotels popularity. An increase would show that customers are satisfied.
Why might it cost the Ritz-Carlton less to do things right the first time?
Doing right the first time could reduce cost since prevention focuses on proactive solutions such as researching new methods and training the staff. Such actions would reduce the expenses incurred in instances like higher maintenance costs, and the customer services costs.
Since the companys image revolves around its brand image, customers satisfaction is of paramount. Therefore, the company should ensure that the first impression meets the client's expectation.
What are some non-financial measures of customer satisfaction that might be used by the Ritz-Carlton?
The number of returned customers, the feedback on customers survey, and the number of referrals.
How could control charts, Pareto diagrams, and cause-and-effect diagrams be used to identify quality problems at the hotel?
This tool graphically depicts the average value and the upper and lower limits of a process. The control chart will help distinguish the variations in a process and compare it with the standard that is being benchmarked.
The diagram gives a graphical overview of the process problems ranking them in descending order. The data will tell how the hotel is doing regarding the quality of services offered. It also identifies and targets the most significant problem.
The hotel will find the ways of identifying quality problems in combining brainstorms with typical thinking by using this tool. This will push it into considering the possible causes, therefore, expanding the horizon into exploring more causes affecting the hotel
Many companies say that their goal is to provide quality products and services. What actions might you expect from a company that intends quality to be more than a slogan or buzzword?
Setting the companies operational strategy around the company slogan is the way to achieve such expectations. By doing so, every unit of the company will work towards fulfilling the slogan promise.
When it comes to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, it is clear that it has put more determinations to its quality efforts in organizing its staff into self-directed teams. The employees determine the work schedules and monitor what areas need to be addressed in the issues of quality.
Berry, L. L., Parasuraman, A., & Zeithaml, V. A. (1994). Improving service quality in America: lessons learned. The Academy of Management Executive, 8(2), 32-45.
Partlow, C. G. (1993). How Ritz-Carlton Applies TQM. The Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 34(4), 16-24.
Video 6.2 - TQM at Ritz-Carlton Hotels https://media.pearsoncmg.com/pls/il/devry/1269898760/page_14.html
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- International Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of Leadership in Effective Business Management of Walmart
- Comparing Manufacturing and Service Based Companies
- Flextime Policy in Improving Employee Engagement - HR Essay Example
- Research Paper Sample: Google's Culture and Organizational Structure Attributes to Its Success
- Implementing Six Sigma at Genesis, Inc., Healthcare Provider
- Research Paper Sample on Price Negotiation and Bargaining Costs
- Questions on Management Concepts
- Essay on the Human Resources Systems: Coca-cola Company Recruitment
- Supply Chain Management in Apple Inc. and Zara: Course Work Example
- Sustainable Development In Relation to Procurement, Essay Example
- Review of Tesla Solar City Products, Services, and the Market Served. Company Report Example.
- Areas of Management for Apple - Management Essay
- Case Study Example: Hard Rock Cafe Forecasting
- Management Essay Example: Tools for Strategic Implementation