Several reforms have also been proposed since 2007. Some of them the essential ones include the February 2007 White paper and the July 2008 White Paper. In reference to the most recent reforms, two reforms that should be highly considered are the House of Lords Reform Bill and the House of Lords Reform Act. It is essential to note that the two reforms were proposed under predecessor coalition government. What was entailed in the reforms should be clearly stipulated? For instance, House of Lords Reform Act, the provision for the expulsion of members of the House of Lords under specific circumstances should be detailed and the three circumstances provided should also be explained. It is also important to explore the reaction toward this Act and why it passed and it is going to work. Regarding the House of Lords Reform Bill the key areas in the Bill should be explained such as serving of a non-renewable 15-year term, setting of pay and allowance by the IPSA based on the criteria of participation in the work of the House, the applicability of thee parliament Acts even to the reformed House of Lords and so on. The reasons why the reform did not proceed should also be stated and whether the Bill would have worked at all.
It is evident that the past reforms affect the current one; for instance the recent reforms have been affected by reforms in the previous eras. Likewise, the recent reforms are likely to affect the development of future reforms. This is also an area that needs to be discussed. Finally, having looked at the current reforms, the next step would be suggesting some of the reasons why the chamber is confident in itself as a result of the changes.
Aph.gov.au, (2016). Meg Russell "Reforming the British House of Lords How a Little Reform Can Go a Long Way*" a Parliament of Australia. [online] Available at: http://www.aph.gov.au/~/~/link.aspx?_id=25A63692B488497B9304A3697AA8A75D&_z=z [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
Demsoc.org, (2015). Reforming the House of Lords (again) and the number of Peers a The Democratic Society. [online] Available at: http://www.demsoc.org/2015/07/01/reforming-the-house-of-lords-again-and-the-number-of-peers/ [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
O'Neal, B. (2009). British House of Lords Reform: Recent Developments.
politics.co.uk, (2016). House of Lords Reform. [online] Available at: http://www.politics.co.uk/reference/house-of-lords-reform [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
Raina, P. (2011). House of Lords reform. New York: Peter Lang.
Researchbriefings.parliament.uk, (2016). Research Briefings - House of Lords Reform Bill 2012-13: decision not to proceed. [online] Available at: http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN06405 [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
Services.parliament.uk, (2016). House of Lords Reform Bill 2012-13 a UK Parliament. [online] Available at: http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2012-13/houseoflordsreform.html [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
UK Parliament, (2016). House of Lords. [online] Available at: http://www.parliament.uk/business/lords/ [Accessed 5 Jan. 2016].
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Comparison of statistical studies
- Labour in China
- Minimum Legal Drinking Age
- Minimum Wage Being Increased to $15
- Punishment and Learning
- Quality Management Principles
- Video Games Addiction
- 4.1 Situation AssessmentDue to the increasing desire for effectiveness and competitive coverage in firms, it is very simple to concentrate on the immediate factor for the increase and pay less focus to the other systemic factors that may not have an apparent influence on the prosperity of businesses. Thus, one of those important areas is the leadership and management development. Leadership calling needs an exceptional vision for accomplishment as well as the tools that are essential the process of communication and execution of those ideas. There is need for administrators to consider the strategies that will ensure that effective skills and competencies are incorporated in the leadership within the organization. The leaders thus must have a series of vividly defined principles and the daring skills to transform the visions to become realities. When they include the employees in their undertakings then the set objectives of the organization will be achieved synergistically. For this reason, many people trust that very favorable development of leadership skill occurs when the leader works towards the growth of social construct as well as the success of the company.
- Discuss the Meaning of Ugliness in Nature
- Midsummer Night's Dream, Character of Bottom
- Educational Support Services to Assist Parents and Families
- Collections of the Palace Museum