Apple Inc. has become one of the most successful companies at the global level due to its mission and vision statements and eventually becoming a symbol of innovation and elegance in design. It was established in 1976 in Cupertino, California (Elliot, 2012). The company's mission and vision statements keep changing to be consistent with the dynamic organizational and market conditions. For the company to maintain a competitive strategy, it needs to stick to its mission and vision statements (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016). The mission statement highlights the purpose of the organization and points out the reason for which the company exists. It provides a guideline for the company's strategies and practices based on the company's overall goal (Elliot, 2012).
Apple's mission statement has also changed over time due to the changing business environment, which also affects the opportunities that the company will have at the market and organizational contexts. Apple designs Macs (personal computers), the top-level computers globally, besides other software (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016). The company is a leader in digital music products with its iPods and iTunes. Apple has re-invent mobile phones with its innovative App Store and iPhone and pointing out the future of mobile devices and computer technology with iPad. The vision statement indicates the company's direction in product development and growth. Apple's vision statement is, "The Apple Company believes in producing the best products in the world and concentrates on innovation." It also believes in controlling the technologies behind their products and get into the markets that it can contribute significantly. It aims at focusing on a few products rather than several that may be less important (Elliot, 2012). The core values, which are the standards and principles, have helped the company and its employees succeed. These are the values that guide the company on how things are done:
- Good Management. The managers should relate well with the other employees so that they can trust their motives and integrity. It is the managers' responsibility to ensure a productive environment (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016).
- The motivation of the employees. Apple recognizes individual contributions to the success of the company. The employees are rewarded financially and also psychologically, which encourages them to share their working experiences with their colleagues (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016).
- Quality and Excellence. Apple designs specific products that have the best quality and performance to gain customer loyalty which would guarantee a long-term success for the firm.
- Teamwork. The individual employees should work as a team, interacting with each other while sharing ideas and opinions to improve the working environment. This ensures the completion and success of various projects in the organization (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016).
- Innovation. Apple being aware of the present organizational risks, it still works to produce the best products that would reach the targeted profit margins (Heracleous & Papachroni, 2016).
Elliot, J. (2012). Leading Apple with Steve Jobs: Management lessons from a controversial genius. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Heracleous, L., & Papachroni, A. (2016). Strategic Leadership and Innovation at Apple Inc. SAGE Publications Ltd. Retrieved from http://sk.sagepub.com/cases/strategic-leadership-and-innovation-at-apple-inc
Cite this page
Evaluation Essay on Apple Inc: Mission & Vision for Global Success. (2023, Feb 09). Retrieved from https://proessays.net/essays/evaluation-essay-on-apple-inc-mission-vision-for-global-success
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the ProEssays website, please click below to request its removal:
- Express Computers (EC) Company Overview
- Financial Crisis of a Community Health Center - Paper Example
- FedEx Corporation Case Study Paper Example
- Research Paper on Walmart: The Global Powerhouse - World's Largest Private Employer
- Essay on Company's IP Rights: Creating New Products, Strategies, and Regulations
- Research Paper on Outsourcing for Long-Term Care Facilities: Benefits & Considerations
- Paper Example on Essential Role of Information in Clarifying Existing Problems